Have you ever thought about making a salad that is both hydrating and delicious? The recipes below will provide you such a chance. You can finally say goodbye to “boring” salads by adding watermelon, blueberries, and even pineapple to your favorite salad greens.
The most important thing is to only use fresh ingredients when making these amazing salads. We recommend you to try to get as many ingredients as possible at your local farmer’s market, because in most cases, that is the place where you can find fresh and organic produce.
6 Simple and Hydrating Summer Salads
1. Watermelon Feta Salad
- 1/4 cups sliced red onions
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup cubed cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Toss in the marinated red onions and the feta cheese.
- Next, mix cubed cucumber and cubed watermelon.
- Marinate the red onions in lime juice in a small bowl.
2. Orange Slice and Mixed Green Salad
- 4 cups of mixed greens (Romaine, Kale, and Bok Choy are great options)
- 2 sweet oranges, peeled and sliced
- Optional: Cheese and walnuts
- 4 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup orange juice
- Salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar
- First, add the greens and the oranges in a bowl.
- Then make the dressing (you can add cheese and walnuts to boost the taste).
- Pour the dressing over greens and oranges, mix until well combined, and Enjoy!
3. Melon and Pineapple Salad
- Arugula salad
- 1/2 red/purple grapes
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup diced melon
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps. honey
- 2 tbsps. toasted sesame seeds
- To a fresh bed of arugula salad, add grapes, chopped pineapple, and diced melon.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top the dressing with toasted sesame seeds, then pour it over the salad.
4. Feta Cheese, Tomato, and Onion Salad
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup sliced baby tomatoes
- Optional: Salad greens
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Toasted nuts
- Thinly slice the onions.
- Combine with feta cheese and baby tomatoes.
- Add the tomato-onion-cheese mixture to a bed of salad greens, or eat it on its own.
- Dress with a balsamic vinaigrette and toasted nuts.
5. Zucchini Pasta Salad
- 2 cups zucchini cut into fine ribbons
- 1 cup shredded/julienned carrots
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Vinaigrette (bought or homemade pesto)
- Mint leaves
- Cheese (feta and goat cheese are good options)
- Cut the zucchini into fine ribbons.
- Mix in the carrots and the cherry tomatoes.
- Next, add a vinaigrette of your choice (or a homemade pesto).
- Top the salad with mint leaves and a cheese of your choice.
6. Blueberry, Cucumber and Arugula Salad
- 2 cups cucumber
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup blueberries
- Light vinaigrette
- Sunflower seeds
- Peel and slice two cups of cucumber.
- Mix in the arugula and the blueberries.
- Dress with a light vinaigrette and top with sunflower seeds.