Having access to fresh, local, and organic produce throughout the entire year is one of the most important steps in achieving good health. When you have such produce, you can easily make numerous different recipes that are both delicious and healthy.
One great example for such recipe is the following Paleo Blueberry Lemon Bread. This easy-to-make grain-free loaf contains many ingredients that will significantly improve your overall health.
It is loaded with the nutrient-dense eggs, protein-rich almond flour, the amazing coconut oil, and the best source of vitamin C – lemon. And please…. don’t forget the glaze. It’s the best part of this recipe!
Paleo Blueberry Lemon Bread
- 1 and 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
For the GLAZE:
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- hot water
- Preheat oven to 350′ F. Grease a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Next, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey until well combined.
- After that, add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix until well combined.
- Spread about one-third of the batter onto the bottom of the pan. Next, sprinkle 1/3 of the blueberries on top. Then, spread another third of the batter and another third of the blueberries. Repeat this one more time with the remaining batter and berries.
- Bake for 33-37 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). You should cover the loaf with foil if the top begins to brown too much. Remove from oven and let it cool.
- While waiting for the loaf to cool, prepare the glaze by whisking together all of the glaze ingredients (except for the water). Add hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you get a glossy, smooth consistency.
- Once the loaf has cooled, remove it from pan and pour glaze over the top, letting it drips down the sides.