Cabbage is a nutrient-dense veggie that can help you achieve optimal health. This leafy green is especially high in vitamins K and C, and it’s a good source of vitamins B1, B5, B6, B9, manganese, calcium, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus. The powerful healing properties of cabbage shown as useful to countless of people throughout the centuries.
There are also numerous studies which have confirmed the superfood status of this amazing veggie. For more in-depth information, we strongly recommend you to continue reading this article.
Health Benefits of Cabbage
- As detox for stomach and colon –Drinking two glasses of fresh cabbage juice daily helps detoxify your stomach and the colon more effectively. It also helps in the treatment of diarrhea and peptic ulcer, and reduces inflammation of the intestine.
- Blood-building – Everyone who is suffering from anemia should drink 1-2 glasses of raw cabbage juice every day. Cabbage is high in chlorophyll and has blood-building properties that can improve blood quality in an anemic body.
- Wound healing –For centuries, cabbage has been widely used as an anti-inflammatory agent applied on a swollen cuticle or glands. In some cultures, it was even used on engorged breasts after weaning off breast-feeding – by laying a cabbage leaf on the swelling overnight. To use cabbage to relieve sore spots, wounds, and blisters, you will need to wash the leaves and roll them flat using a rolling pin. Heat the leaves until they become warm in a pot filled with water, and then place them on the wound and let the seat for 2 hours. For best results, you should repeat this process with a new leaf until your wound is completely healed.
- Liver detox –Regular consumption of cabbage juice will also help cleanse the liver. The strong anti-inflammatory properties of this cruciferous veggie can effectively reduce the effects of dehydration caused by liver intoxication.
- Weight loss – The detoxifying and diuretic effects of this amazing leafy green can be very helpful for everyone who is trying to lose weight in a safe and healthy way.
Juicing the cabbage is the best way to get the most of its health benefits, but you can also steam it or eat it raw in a salad.
There are 3 types of cabbage (red/purple, green and Savoy) and all of them should become a regular part of your diet.
According to some recent studies, Savoy cabbage has the strongest healing properties of all cabbages due to its high levels of sinigrin, which is one of the glucosinolates that reduces the risk of many types of cancer, including bladder, colon, and prostate cancer.