There are some people who still believe that eating salad is an experience that should be left to vegetarians.
But, the salads these days are completely different when compared to the combinations that were used before. Instead of a typical diner mix of iceberg lettuce, onions, and tomato slices that are topped with a trans-fat-filled salad dressing, now we have a variety of textures and flavors. Today, anything can be added, from beans to seeds, or even warm ingredients.
The best salads, however, are the ones that not only taste great but also contain a variety of functional foods.
If we take into account the fact that almost everything around us is linked to cancer or some other disease, eating healthy is no longer an option – it’s something that you simply must do in order to preserve your health.
The salad recipe presented below is loaded with nourishing ingredients that will boost your energy levels and improve your immune system. Or in other words, it contains everything that your body needs.
Anti-Cancer Salad with Spinach and Avocado
Here are the star ingredients of this easy-to-make recipe and what they do to improve your overall health!
- This superfood is a fantastic source of vitamin C, which plays a major role in the synthesis of collagen, a protein that your body needs to maintain healthy hair and skin.
- The high chlorophyll content of this leafy green blocks the carcinogenic effects of chemicals that are produced when you cook foods at high temperatures.
- Its high levels of potassium help reduce blood pressure.
- Spinach is one of the best sources of vitamin K, which improves your bone health.
- As a good source of fiber, spinach also promotes healthy digestion.
- Many studies conducted in recent years have shown that regular consumption of this low-calorie leafy green significantly reduces the risk of asthma.
- Spinach is a great source of magnesium, a mineral that can speed-up your metabolism and improve your immune system.
- Other important nutrients found in this superfood include vitamins B2, B6, B9, and E, calcium, iron, manganese, and potassium.
- Helps reduce the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- It’s a fantastic source of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant found that will help you maintain a healthy vision.
- Another good source of vitamin K.
- It is rich in folate, which helps improve your brain health and reduces the risk of depression.
- The high amount of dietary fiber in avocado will improve your digestive health.
- Loaded with fatty acids that can help control your weight.
- They are also rich in powerful antioxidants that greatly reduce the risk of numerous destroying by destroying the harmful free radicals.
- Fantastic source of numerous vitamins and minerals, including vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, and E, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and manganese.
- Improves your blood circulation.
- Helps in the treatment of stomach disorders.
- Reduces the risk diabetes and cancer.
- Soothes sore throats.
- Promotes healthy skin.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Has strong antiviral and antibacterial properties that will help you maintain good oral health
- 1 1/2 cups organic spinach leaves
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into small pieces
- 1/3 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup organic blackberries
- 1/3 cup organic cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients in a mason jar with a lid and shake until well combined.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad.
- Toss the salad so all of the ingredients are coated with the dressing.