Your kidneys are filtering your blood all the time, making sure that waste products are removed from your body through the urine.
But, when you have unhealthy lifestyle habits, these toxins build up in your body, which makes it impossible for your kidneys to do their job.
For that reason, it is crucial to stay hydrated and detox your kidneys (and your liver) from time to time.
This healthy habit will help prevent kidney stones, kidney diseases, and toxic build-up in your body.
How to Use Parsley to Improve the Functioning of Your Kidneys?
Parsley is rich in many nutrients which are very important for kidney health. Some of them include vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin L, iron, and folate.
As unbelievable as it sounds, parsley is also:
- Antihyperlipidemic (lowers blood fat)
- Antihypertensive (reduces blood pressure)
- Antihepatotoxic (prevents liver toxicity)
- Estrogenic (helps manage menstruation)
Regular consumption of parsley tea will help detoxify your kidneys by increasing urine production and flow. In addition to this, it also prevents the absorption of salt into kidney tissue, which significantly reduces the risk of kidney stones formation. This tea will also reduce anxiety and calm your nerves.
How to Make Parsley Tea?
Although using fresh herbs will make a more potent tea, you can also replace them with a handful of dried parsley leaves.
You will need:
- 1 bunch of fresh organic parsley leaves
- 8 cups of filtered water
- Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of raw, organic honey
- Wash and chop the leaves, leaving them in large pieces.
- Boil water at medium heat.
- Once it starts boiling, add the parsley leaves and reduce the heat.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain it into a large saucepan with a lid and let it cool for few minutes.
- After that, add the lemon juice and honey.
- It is recommended to drink 1-2 cups daily.
- Store in glass containers in the fridge for up to a week.
If you are taking any kind of medications or suffer from kidney diseases (or other health problems), you should talk to your doctor before using parsley tea.
Pregnant women should avoid drinking parsley tea because it can induce menstruation and abortion.