These Crunchy Zucchini Fritters are easy to make, low in calories, and a great way to include more veggies into your diet. They are rich in all of the right flavors and are also incredibly healthy. We are almost 100% sure that this will become a household favorite.
Zucchini Fritter with Avocado Dill Dip
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small
- ¼ Cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup fresh oregano. Ditto
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 organic eggs
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- 2 tbsps. of coconut oil
- First, grate the zucchini using the large holes of a box grater. Then place zucchini in a colander set in the sink and toss with ½ tsp of salt. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, and then wring zucchini dry in a clean kitchen towel to remove moisture. Next, add the zucchini to a large bowl and gently mix in basil, oregano, garlic, onion powder, lemon zest egg, garlic, and pepper. Mix the ingredients until well combined. Then slowly add flour, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
- Over medium-high heat, heat the coconut oil in a large sauté pan until the oil sizzles when you drop a small amount of zucchini mixture into the pan. Carefully add 2 tbsps. of zucchini mixture into the pan; repeat, spacing fritters a few inches apart.
- Cook fritters for 2-3 minutes (until golden). Then lower the heat to medium, turn the fritters, and continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes. Transfer fritters to a plate, then cook the remaining zucchini mixture (you can add more coconut oil if needed).
Avocado Dill Dip
The Avocado Dill Dip provides an extra flavor that will complement the mild flavor of the fritters. In addition to this, it also contains numerous vitamins and minerals that will help improve your digestion.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup finely chopped dill
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Vegenaise
- Salt to taste
- Cut avocado in half, and remove the seed. Then scoop the meat using a spoon, and add it to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, and mash until smooth.
- You can boost the nutrient content of the fritters by adding ½ cup of finely chopped kale or spinach.