Lemon juice not only contains an enormous amount of vitamin C, but it is also a good source of vitamin B, potassium, iron, volatile oils, and many other healthy ingredients. Moreover, it also has powerful antioxidant and antibacterial properties, which can be very helpful in improving your overall health. Regular consumption of lemon juice will boost your immune system, reduce cravings for unhealthy foods, stimulate weight loss, improve digestion, and can help you balance your pH levels. For all these reasons, drinking a glass of lemon water each morning is probably one of the healthiest habits we can imagine.
Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water:
1. Acne Treatment – Lemon water can help treat acne and prevent their further occurrence. All you need to do is to rub a squeezed lemon juice on your face.
2. Prevents Kidney Stones – As we mentioned above, lemons are a good source of potassium. This essential mineral increases the citrate levels in urine, which will help reduce the oxalate levels in the body (one of the biggest causes for the formation of kidney stones)
3. Boosts The Immune System – Lemon water improves the functions of the lymphatic system, which helps the immune system to detect and destroy pathogens.
4. Suppresses appetite And Promotes Weight Loss – The high amount of vitamin C in lemons helps regulate blood sugar levels. This citrus fruit is also full of pectin, a fiber that can help control hunger. Moreover, lemon juice also improves digestion by stimulating the production of bile, which is used by the body to break down food.
5. Abdominal Pain – Always drink lemon a glass of lemon water when you feel abdominal pain to ease your condition.
6. Cold And Flu – The strong antioxidant and antibacterial properties can help reduce the symptoms of flu and cold.
7. Detoxification – Consume warm lemon water each morning to flush out toxins more easily.
8. Fingernails – You can strengthen your nails by applying a lemon juice on them few times a week.
9. Foodborne Illness – Regular consumption of lemon water will keep you safe from food poisoning.
10. Fibromyalgia – The combination of lemon water and yoga stretches will help you deal with the tiredness caused by fibromyalgia.
11. Inflammation – Lemons will help reduce acidity due to their powerful anti-inflammatory properties. As you probably know, inflammation is more likely to occur in an acidic body.
12. Sore Muscles After Intense Workout – Don’t forget to drink a glass of lemon water after a heavy workout to soothe the pain.
13. Joint Swelling And Pain – Lemon juice reduces the buildup of uric acid in the joints, thus preventing inflammation and arthritis. 14. Gallbladder Stones – Regular consumption of lemon water significantly reduces the pain caused by gallbladder stones. 15. Reduces Alcohol Cravings – Lemon water will also help reduce the need for alcohol.