Turmeric is often used in main dishes like curry, and we can rarely see it in baked foods. But, it’s high time we changed this. These Coconut Flour Muffins offer a great opportunity to add a bit of this healing spice. What’s more, they are also grain-free, nutrient-dense, sweet, and have an irresistible creamy texture.
This golden treat is very easy-to-make, even for those who are not experienced in making baked goods. In order to bake them, you will just need a handful of ingredients and less than 30 minutes.
So whether you are craving an on-the-go breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack, these super healthy muffins are the perfect solution in both cases. You can eat them on their own, or in combination with a cup of coffee or tea.
Turmeric Coconut Flour Muffin Recipe
Total time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a muffin tin with 8 muffin liners.
- Add eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and mix until well-combined.
- In another bowl, sift together coconut flour, turmeric, ginger, baking soda, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Next, slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones, until the batter gets smooth consistency.
- Transfer the batter to a muffin tin, dividing it evenly between the muffin liners.
- Bake until slightly browned around the edges (for about 25 muffins).
- Remove muffins from the oven, and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Storage Tip: The muffins can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to a month.