If you want to cook something special for your partner, friends, or family, then opt for this super healthy Paleo version of Chocolate Lave Cake.
The combination of dark chocolate and almond butter adds an irresistible texture and flavor to this cake recipe. What’s better, you don’t have to share your piece with anyone, because this amazing recipe makes two delicious cakes, perfect for any occasion.
Dark chocolate is well known for its strong antioxidant properties. It contains just half the amount of sugar as milk chocolate and has higher levels of important minerals like magnesium, iron, phosphorous, and zinc. This is due to the fact that dark chocolate has higher concentrations of cocoa, while common store-bought milk chocolates are full of sugar and additives. When buying dark chocolate, make sure to choose a variety that contains at least 70% cocoa.
Another benefit from this cake – it’s FLOURLESS!
But, what’s wrong with Wheat?
Many people around the world have been consuming wheat for centuries. We are all made to believe that whole wheat is good for our health. But this is not true, as the wheat we consume today is very different when compared to the one from 50 years ago.
Modern wheat is processed in a quite different way in order to keep the costs low and produce large amounts at the same time. It is full of starchy carbs, which is something that ancient wheat never contained. These carbs help create a wheat that is lower in nutrients and can cause blood sugar spikes. The genetic manipulation of modern wheat has decreased the levels of essential nutrients like protein, zinc, copper, and iron by a whopping 28%. Our digestive system is unable to process this type of wheat properly, which could lead to many health problems, such as inflammation, bloating, diarrhea, and leaky gut.
So, going flourless is a huge step towards saving our bodies from harmful chemicals and self-destruction.
Here is the Recipe:
Paleo Chocolate Lava Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 2 ramekins (or 2 mugs) with a little bit of coconut oil and a tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave at 30 seconds increments, stir each time until smooth.
- Next, combine eggs, almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Mix the ingredients for 4 minutes using a hand mixer (until it becomes fluffy).
- Then pour the melted chocolate into egg mixture, stirring as you pour.
- Gently stir in almond meal and a tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- Divide the batter among 2 ramekins (or 2 mugs).
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 400 °F. If you are using small ramekins, the cakes will be fully cooked after 10 minutes, while for larger ramekins and mugs, the baking should last for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from oven and let them cool for 3 minutes. Then gently slide a sharp knife around the edges of the cake to loosen.
- Put a plate on top of the ramekin and flip over to remove cakes. Another option is to scoop the cakes using a large spoon.