If there is one fruit that has won over the hearts of all health-conscious and dairy-free individuals, it would definitely be the Coconut. In all of its various forms, from coconut milk to coconut oil to coconut butter, this amazing tropical fruit keeps finding new ways to improve our overall health.
Nowadays, most of us often use coconut oil and many of us are pretty well acquainted with the health benefits of coconut butter. In addition to these super healthy ingredients, our newest Cake recipe (you can see it below) also uses coconut flour, another ingredient of the coconut family that contains high amounts of many important nutrients.
Besides being gluten-free, coconut flour is also full of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Moreover, it is low in sugar, calories, and has a relatively low score on the glycemic index. The medium chain fatty acids found in this natural flour have the ability to accelerate the metabolism, which can be especially helpful for everyone who is trying to lose weight. Its high fiber content is good for our digestion and helps us to get rid of harmful toxins.
Even though the coconut-based ingredients are the base of our Lemon Pound Cake, there are also some other ingredients included, like lemon, that boosts the nutrient content even more. The cake also contains a maple syrup, an ingredient that provides a delicious natural sweetness. What’s better, there is also a glaze made up of coconut butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice, which makes this loaf simply irresistible.
In order to get the most of this recipe, we strongly recommend you to use high-quality coconut flour (it should be fine-textured and cream colored, not white). Also, make sure to use a pan that’s 7.5” by 3.5”.
Lemon Pound Cake with Coconut Butter Glaze
This cake is so easy-to-make. Just one bowl for the cake, one for the icing, then bake, and you’re done!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 t baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, for glaze
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, for glaze
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, for glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and grease a 7.5” by 3.5” loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Then add the coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, and salt, and mix until well-combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf pan, and bake for about 40 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean).
- Remove the cake from pan and let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice for the glaze. Spread on cake.
- Slice and ENJOY!