You may find it hard to believe, but there is a simple way to make a fried recipe that is both healthy and tasty. All you need to do is to replace the unhealthy oils like canola or sunflower oil with the amazing coconut oil.
The following green quinoa balls are a great opportunity to enjoy a nutrient dense fried dish. Besides coconut oil, this easy-to-make recipe also contains other super healthy ingredients like sweet potato, green onions, and baby spinach. So, don’t waste any more of your precious time and try it out today!
Fried Green Quinoa Balls
- 1/2 cup of uncooked organic sprouted quinoa, rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 handful of baby spinach, finely chopped
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup of chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 pinches of red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- First, prepare the avocado dip by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the quinoa to a saucepan, pour a cup of water and bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boiling point, reduce the heat and continue simmering on low, covered. When the water gets absorbed, turn off the heat, and leave the lid off – this will keep more moisture in the quinoa, making it a bit sticky. You don’t want the quinoa to be too soft, you want it to be sticky so that the balls stay together.
- At the same time steam the cubed sweet potato. Make sure not to overcook it or it will turn to mush in the recipe. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Next, add the sweet potato, coconut oil, spinach, green onions, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the quinoa. Combine the ingredients thoroughly using a wooden spoon.
- Roll into equal size balls. Be careful not to make too large balls, because they could fall apart during the cooking process.
- Heat some coconut oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the quinoa balls to the pan. Let them get golden brown before flipping. If you try and flip too early, they will probably fall apart.
- Serve the quinoa balls warm along with the avocado dip.