Nutrient-dense zucchini is probably one of the most underrated vegetables. Due to its mild flavor, you can add it to almost any dish you can imagine in order to get a big dose of vitamins and antioxidants without altering the taste too much. For that reason, zucchini is a perfect ingredient for the bread recipe presented below.
This super healthy gluten-free treat is so easy-to-make and doesn’t contain any refined sugar. Its sweet flavor makes it an ideal option for a dessert, but you can also enjoy it for breakfast, or as a mid-afternoon snack.
To make it, start by preheating the oven to ensure that it’s nice and toasty for the bread. Then whisk the flours, baking powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt until well incorporated.
In another bowl, beat the eggs until they become fluffy, then add the zucchini, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Next, mix together the wet and dry ingredients, pour the resulting mixture into a greased loaf pan, and place it in the oven. Let it bake for about 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
This chocolate chip zucchini bread is likely to become a hit in your family. Its taste is so good that your kids will ask for it at least few times a week – without being aware how healthy this treat is.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup organic, dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Line a large bowl with cheesecloth, allowing the cloth to fall over the sides. Grate the zucchini into it, then wrap the cloth and squeeze any excess water into the bowl.
- Next, add the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Whisk the last 5 ingredients until well incorporated and then add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix again.
- Pour the resulting mixture into loaf pan and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Let the cake sit for 10 minutes before serving.