Today we will present an easy-to-make low-carb pudding recipe that contains collagen protein, an ingredient that will strengthen your joints, boost your immune system, and help reduce the effects of aging. In addition to this, collagen protein (also known as grass-fed beef gelatin) can also be very useful in the treatment of leaky gut syndrome.
Our newest pudding recipe also contains coconut milk, which means that you will also get a great dose of the anti-inflammatory medium chain triglycerides that are easily metabolized by the body and used to burn fat. Moreover, due to the presence of lemon juice, this pudding also has high amounts of vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids (also referred to as vitamin P). The combination of these ingredients helps improve deep capillary permeability, which will bring more oxygen to the body tissues. This will significantly increase the energy production in your body and will allow you to remove harmful toxins more easily.
Other health benefits of lemon juice include:
- Regular consumption of lemon juice helps prevent kidney stones. According to an article published by popsugar.com, “Drinking one half-cup of lemon juice every day raises citrate levels in the urine. Studies have shown that this could protect against calcium stones in the kidney.”
- Lemon juice will also help you lose weight because it is rich in pectin, a soluble fiber that creates a feeling of satiety and reduces your appetite.
- Lemon juice will also help balance the pH levels in your body.
- Some preliminary studies even suggest that lemons have anti-cancer properties.
Lemon Coconut Pudding
This healthy pudding is a great option for breakfast, snack, or dessert. In addition to grass-fed beef gelatin, coconut milk, and lemon juice, it also contains stevia and vanilla, two ingredients that will give an irresistible taste to this pudding.
Serves: 3-5 small servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 tbsps. of grass-fed beef gelatin
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 2 cups of full-fat organic coconut milk (in can)
- ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste (you can also use raw honey or maple syrup)
- Put 1/2 cup of water into a pan, sprinkle the gelatin, and set aside for a few minutes until it becomes soft and spongy.
- Add the lemon juice, coconut milk, and vanilla to a mixing bowl.
- Next, heat the gelatin mixture on low heat just (until dissolved and no more).
- Once the gelatin is dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the stevia, then immediately whisk into the lemon-coconut mixture.
- Divide mixture between 3-5 small glasses, and leave it to cool down until it is a bit “fluffy”.