Have you ever experienced one of those moments when you desperately need energy, but you felt like you can barely do even the simplest things. Luckily, there is a simple way to turn things around and get the fuel your body requires. All you need to do is to follow the instructions below and make the Blackberry Coconut Bites!
How to Make the Blackberry Coconut Energy Boosting Bites
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut butter
- ½ cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pure liquid stevia drops
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a pot over medium heat, place the coconut oil, coconut butter, and blackberries. Heat until well combined.
- Next, add the berry-coconut mixture and the remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Line a small pan 6” x 6” with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly.
- Refrigerate until the mixture has hardened (at least 1 hour).
- Remove from fridge and cut into bite sized squares.
NOTE: The Blackberry Coconut Energy Boosting Bites can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for a few days.
Health Benefits of Blackberry Coconut Energy Boosting Bites
- Coconut oil and Coconut Butter – Both of the coconut-based ingredients will significantly increase your energy levels. They are rapidly metabolized as fuel (but not stored as FAT) for your body to use immediately. Coconut oil and coconut butter also have the ability to speed up the metabolism and boost the immune system, which can be very helpful in the fight against viral infections like common cold, flu, fever blisters, and cold sores.
- Blackberries – They are rich in several important vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamins B1, B2, and B3, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, and zinc. In addition to this, they are also a great source of amino acids and dietary fiber.
- Lemon Juice – It helps your body to remove toxins and balances your pH levels. Also, the high levels of citric acid in lemons stimulates the release of gastric juice, which helps your body to break down the food in your stomach more easily. Moreover, regular consumption of lemon juice also reduces hunger due to its high content of pectin fiber.
- Stevia – This naturally derived sweetener aid weight loss and helps protect the oral health.
- Vanilla – Some recent studies have shown that vanilla has a calming effect on the central nervous system, which makes it a great natural alternative for relieving stress.