Is there anyone who doesn’t love ice cream? It would be difficult to imagine that someone would say yes, because this sweet, cold, and creamy mixture is something that can make the day better.
But, what if there is a way to make an ice cream that has numerous health-boosting properties? In that case, that sweet treat will definitely become everyone’s favorite dessert.
This Mint Chocolate Chip Coconut Milk Ice Cream is the best example for a treat that is chock-full of nutrient-rich ingredients that can simultaneously satisfy your sweet tooth and boost your metabolism and your overall health.
Check out the recipe, then head to your kitchen to make it ASAP!
Health Benefits Of Mint Chocolate Chip Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- Coconut Milk – is a great alternative for people who have dairy sensitivities or It is full of antioxidants and has powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. In addition to this, coconut milk is also easy to digest and can speed up your metabolism
- Dark Chocolate – is best known for its high magnesium content. As you probably know, this essential mineral is needed for more than 300 enzyme reactions. Dark chocolate also has the ability to minimize the negative effects of stress.
- Organic Coconut Sugar – is easy do digest, especially when dissolved. This natural sweeter will boost your energy levels and increase your metabolism. Also, it won’t spike your glucose levels like the white sugar does.
- Pastured Egg Yolks – are rich in protein and vitamins D, A, E, B2, B5, and B12.
Mint Chocolate Chip Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 2 cans organic coconut milk
- ⅔ cups organic coconut sugar
- 6 organic or pastured egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon organic peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips
- Mix 1 can of coconut milk and all the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, and combine until the sugar gets fully dissolved.
- Use a blender at low speed to mix the chilled coconut milk/sugar mixture, the other can of coconut milk, egg yolks, vanilla, peppermint, and salt.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker along with the chocolate.
- In case you don’t have access to an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container, sprinkle the dark chocolate chips, and store it in a freezer for 6-8 hours to harden. Then remove the ice cream from the freezer, and let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before scooping.