Brownies are one of the favorite desserts to most of us. How could they not be when they are delicious, creamy, and so easy to make. Are they healthy or…? Well, if you decide to make these super healthy sweet potato brownies, you won’t need to worry anymore.
- Why Do You Need Sweet Potatoes?
You are probably a bit confused about the role of sweet potatoes in homemade brownies. The question you are probably asking yourself is – Will the sweet potatoes make the brownies taste like veggies? Or will the brownies have a wrong texture?
The answer to these questions in NO! In fact, the sweet potatoes are one of the secret weapons in this simple recipe. Adding this nutrient-rich veggie means that you will experience the health benefits of sweet potato whenever you take a bite. We are talking about almost 700% of your daily value of vitamin A and high amounts of antioxidants that will keep your skin looking younger. What’s more, the high antioxidant content is known to reduce inflammation, too.
The other secret weapon in this recipe is avocado. This unique fruit will provide healthy mono-unsaturated fats, protein, and a super creamy texture. In addition to this, avocados also contain high levels of many essential minerals, including, magnesium, potassium, fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, and vitamin E. And we almost forgot to mention – Avocados won’t turn these brownies green!
- Sweet Potato Brownies Recipe
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato puree
- ¼ – ½ cup honey
- ½ cup Applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsps. arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup sprouted almond butter
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Sea Salt
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Next, grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine avocado, sweet potato, honey, applesauce and vanilla in a bowl. Once the mixture gets creamy texture, add in cacao powder
- Add in eggs one at a time
- After that, combine coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine both mixtures until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- While baking, combine the remaining 5 ingredients in a separate bowl and mix until creamy.
- Once the brownies are done baking and have cooled, frost them with this mixture.