In case you have some brown bananas in your fruit basket, then use them to make a delicious and healthy banana bread.
Unlike standard banana bread recipes that are full of sugar and flour, the recipe presented below is something different.
The first noticeable difference is that it’s so easy-to-make. All you need to do is to mix everything together in a bowl, pour the content into pans, and then bake.
Another great thing about this paleo recipe is that it is sugar-free and grain-free. This means that you won’t experience those blood sugar spikes which are so common when we eat a standard dessert.
Also, this bread is wonderful toasted for breakfast, as a mid-afternoon energy-boosting snack, or simply as a healthy dessert? So, this is definitely something you will feel good about giving to your family!
Plus, did we mention that it is as delicious as traditional banana bread?
- 8 Very ripe bananas, Mashed
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 8 Organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic dark chocolate chips
- First, preheat your oven to 350F.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Pour the ingredients into 2 lightly greased pans (we used coconut oil to grease the pans).
- Bake for 50-60 minutes (or until the center is set, and the top is golden).
The bananas should be very ripe, almost to the point when you would throw them away. If they are not extremely brown, your bread will not be as sweet as you would like it to be. But, if you still decide to use non-ripe bananas, then add about a ⅓ cup of maple syrup to the batter.