Nothing warms you up better during a cold winter day than a bowl of healthy soup. That’s why we will present you a soup recipe that is nutritious, filling, and packed with flavor. This easy-to-make recipe is a proof that a bowl of soup can be hearty without being unhealthy.
But before sharing the recipe, we will say a few words about the health benefits of the ingredients.
Turmeric is a healing spice which gives a mild warmth to mustards, sauces, and soups. It is rich in curcumin, which is an inflammatory ingredient that can be added to medical salves for swelling, sores, burns, and infected wounds.
This amazing spice can also be very useful for the treatment of digestive issues, high cholesterol, diarrhea, and headaches.
Its powerful anti-inflammatory properties make it an ideal ingredient for preventing bloating. In addition to this, turmeric will also help your body burn fat at highest possible rate, which is a great news for everyone who is trying to get rid of excess weight.
- Coconut Cream
Coconut cream is 4 parts coconut, 1 part water. You should avoid using sweetened cream of coconut because it contains added sugars. Coconut milk is made up of equal parts of coconut and water, which is why it is less fatty than coconut cream.
But most of the fatty acids in coconut cream are medium-chain fatty acids, which are known for their ability to provide a fat-burning energy to the cells. They digest quickly and speed up your metabolism. Also, coconut cream has all of the health benefits that are associated with coconut oil.
This means that the high amount of lauric acid will help your immune system in the fight against viruses and bacteria. It is also vegan and doesn’t contain any of the additives that are commonly added to dairy cream and other milk alternatives.
Many recent studies have shown that lentils have the ability to reduce cholesterol, improve heart and digestive health, increase energy, and stabilize blood sugar levels. These legumes are also a great source of folate, which is of vital importance for the health of every woman.
Creamy Turmeric Lentil Soup
You will need:
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups broth (we recommend you to use homemade vegetable broth)
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups kale
- 1 14 oz can coconut cream
- Heat olive oil in large pot. Then, add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots, and sauté until the veggies become slightly soft (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add garlic and spices and cook until aromatic (about 1 minute).
- Add broth and lentils. Bring the mixture to boil, then reduce heat to simmering, cooking uncovered for about 20-25 minutes (or until the lentils become soft).
- Add kale and coconut cream and stir until fully combined.
- This soup recipe is vegan, but you can add meat or animal products if you want. Bell peppers and squash could also be great additions. You can also replace the onion with leek, or add lemongrass to give your soup a Thai flavor. Cilantro and lime juice are also good options for providing a freshness.
Healthy recipes like this are one of the reasons why many U.S citizens have started to cook at home more often, despite the plethora of fast-food and restaurant dining options.