If you experience stiffness and pain around your joints more frequently, it is very likely that you suffer from gout, a form of arthritis that is caused by an excessive buildup of uric acid crystals in the joints.
When the body is unable to get rid of excess uric acid, it crystallizes in the joints, causing severe pain and swollen joints. Although gout usually occurs in men who are over 40, people at any age may also develop this medical condition. In almost half of the cases, the base of the big toe is the affected area. Other joints, such as fingers, wrists, knees, and heels may also be affected. If left untreated, gout may also result in tophi, kidney stones, and renal insufficiency.
Most doctors usually prescribe various medications for the treatment of this painful condition, even though there are many natural remedies that can be very helpful as well. Some of these remedies usually provide the same and sometimes even better effects than medications. Moreover, you will also not experience any side effects which are commonly associated with the use of most over-the-counter and prescribed medications.
In this article, we will present you an easy-to-make natural remedy that will help in the treatment of gout.
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons of ginger powder (or 1 inch of fresh ginger root)
- 1 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup of tart cherry juice
- 1 pineapple
Method of Preparation:
First of all, peel and cut the pineapple into small chunks, then add it to a blender and blend until smooth. After that, add turmeric, ginger, honey, and cherry juice and blend again. Pour the mixture into a glass container with a lid, and store it in a fridge. It is recommended to drink half a cup of this healing juice every day. The best would be to consume it before breakfast. You will notice the first significant improvements within 7 days.
Why is this combination so healthy?
- Turmeric is rich in curcumin,a powerful antioxidant that prevents free radical damage and protects healthy cells. Moreover, it is scientifically proven that this active component also reduces swelling and pain by limiting the production of prostaglandins, a group of physiologically active lipid compounds that cause pain.
- Ginger contains a high amount of gingerols, active components that are well-known for their ability to reduce the production of enzymes which cause gout inflammation.
- Pineapples are loaded with bromelain, an enzyme that has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Many studies have shown that this ingredient helps the body to decompose uric acid crystals. Moreover, bromelain also stimulates the body to process the proteins that cause the buildup of uric acid, which inhibits its accumulation in the joints. Regular intake of bromelain will also prevent further gout attacks.
- Cherries can effectively reduce pain and inflammation. Many experts recommend regular consumption of cherries in order to balance the levels of uric acid and reduce the risk of gout.