Muffin tins could be far more useful than you think. While many of us have at least one tin in the kitchen, we often tend to ignore the creative ways in which we can use them. Today, it’s high time we changed that!
We will present you a delicious Parmesan sweet potato snack recipe that is guaranteed to please your friends and family. These super healthy bites are a great option for lunch, dinner, or even as a mid-afternoon snack that will boost your energy levels.
This recipe uses sweet potatoes, which is a healthier alternative than regular white potatoes due to their lower glycemic index and higher fiber and vitamin A content. Also, for those who are watching their waistlines, you can use fresh hummus instead of Parmesan cheese.
Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
- 8-10 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/16 inch slices
- 3 tsp grass-fed butter
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese (optional: swap with fresh hummus)
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter and use some of it to grease your muffin tin.
- Cut your sweet potatoes into 1/16 inch slices and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add the remaining butter, parmesan cheese (or hummus), thyme, and garlic powder. Mix well, ensuring the sweet potatoes are coated evenly.
- Layer the potatoes into stacks and place them into each cup in the muffin tin. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove the tin from oven and allow the muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish the finished potato stack with Parmesan cheese, thyme, or rosemary.
NOTE: Click here to watch a video of a recipe that uses gold potatoes instead of sweet potatoes.