Grabbing a snack after an intense workout is a must, especially for professional athletes. For that reason, we will present you a recipe for a healthy sweet potato turmeric muffins that will speed up the muscle recovery after a tough exercise session. These tasty snacks will restore muscle glycogen stores to pre-exercise levels. Also, unlike traditional muffins, these easy-to-make muffins don’t contain a ton of added sugar and unhealthy fats.
For the purpose of this recipe, we used PureWOD Recover Sweet Potato Powder as our base. Each scoop of this super healthy powder equals one whole sweet potato and contains only three ingredients – organic sweet potato, vanilla, and Paleo-approved stevia. This powder will help you get all the phytonutrients, fiber, vitamins and minerals your body needs after a workout.
Similarly to coconut flour, sweet potato powder has the ability to absorb a lot of the liquid in recipes. This could result in a dry product unless you add extra moisture to compensate for the absorption. That’s why the batter for these muffins also includes coconut oil, ripe bananas, and cinnamon. These superfoods will not only provide a moist and a better taste, but they will also increase the health benefits of the muffins. Make sure to mash the bananas until very smooth so that they blend throughout the batter without any big chunks.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, and then check with a toothpick in the center to ensure that the muffins are fully cooked. If not, let them cook an additional 10 minutes.
- SWEET POTATO TURMERIC MUFFINS
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
You will need:
- 1 ½ cups PureWOD Recover Sweet Potato powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2 t ground turmeric
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t baking powder
- ¼ t sea salt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liner.
- Mash bananas using a fork in a large mixing bowl. Then, whisk in eggs and coconut milk.
- Next, add the sweet potato powder, melted coconut oil, cinnamon, turmeric, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir until well combined.
- Use a large spoon to scoop batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 15-20 minutes