There is nothing more relaxing than a warm bath… except maybe a warm detox bath that will help remove the harmful toxins from your body!
The combination of Epsom salt and Himalayan salt will provide you probably the best detox bath ever. The best thing about these super salts is that both of them are safe, cheap, extremely effective, and healing.
READ ON FOR MORE INFO…..
Epsom salt is actually a mineral compound found in water that is rich in magnesium and sulfate. It looks like large salt crystals, which is probably why it is called a “salt”. It is named after the town of Epsom, (located in Surrey, England), where this compound was first distilled.
There are different grades of Epsom salt — for agricultural, personal care and food grade, so remember this when buying an Epsom salt next time.
As you probably know, your skin is the largest detoxification organ. When taking an Epsom salt bath, both magnesium and sulfate work together to remove toxins from the body through your skin. Moreover, these minerals will also be absorbed into the skin, thus increasing the levels of magnesium and sulfate in the body.
According to some recent studies, the absorption of magnesium is better from soaking in a bath (with Epsom salt), than through a diet. This is a great news, especially if we take into account the fact that magnesium is needed for hundreds of functions in the body.
Himalayan salt is one of the purest salts on earth. It contains 84 naturally-occurring minerals that the body needs for proper functioning.
If the salts are chunky, you will need to let them sit overnight in a pot filled with water so that it gets fully dissolved when you’re ready to take your detox bath. When you enter in a warm bath that contains Himalayan salt, your skin will absorb the minerals released by this pure salt. In this way, you will replenish your body with many crucial minerals, which will certainly improve your overall health.
The BENEFITS OF SALT BATH!
- Helps your body to remove harmful toxins through the skin
- Decreases the acidity and helps restore normal pH levels in your body
- Treats skin conditions such as dry skin, rashes, acne, and eczema due to its strong antiseptic qualities
- Speeds up healing of bruising, swelling, and small cuts
- It also accelerates healing of strained or torn muscles and ligaments
- Soothes sunburn and insect bites
- Reduces muscle cramps and arthritic joint pains
- Relieves PMS symptoms like migraines, cramps, and bloating
- Increases blood circulation
- Improves respiratory health
- Relaxes muscles decreases stress and promotes a quality sleep
HOW TO TAKE A SUPER DETOX SALT BATH?
For best results, we will follow the advices of Dr. David Jockers, the leading writer for “The Truth About Cancer”, who recommends an individualized measurement and a longer soak.
According to Dr. Jockers, the amount be should be determined by the individual’s weight. The following recommendation are for a standard size bathtub which contains about 25-30 gallons.
Measurement for Epsom salt:
- Children under 60 lbs. – ½ cup
- Individuals between 60-100 lbs. – 1 cup
- Individuals between 100-150 lbs. – 1½ cups
- Individuals between 150-200 lbs. – 2 cups
- For every 50 lb. more — add an extra ½ cup of salts
You can take this bath only with an Epsom salt, or in combination with Himalayan salt. If you are soaking in a detox bath for the first time, it is recommended to use only Epsom salt. It is better to start using Himalayan salt the next time if you think you can handle it.
If you want to, add ½ cup of Himalayan bath salt to the amount of Epsom salt according to your body weight as stated above.
- Do not take this bath if you are pregnant, have open wounds or burns, or suffer from cardiovascular disease. If you are taking medications, consult with your doctor before deciding to perform any kind of detox.
- Clean the bathtub thoroughly to ensure that there is no dirt around it.
- Fill the bathtub with warm water that is approximately 37oCelsius (or 97o Fahrenheit). This temperature is warm enough to dissolve both Epsom and Himalayan salts. Hot water is not recommended if you suffer from high blood pressure.
- Do not use bath additives like soaps, shampoos, or any oils. After this salt bath, do not rinse, simply towel dry.
- Have a light and healthy meal before soaking this salt bath
- You should drink plenty of water before and after the bath. It is also recommended to drink water during the soak.
- Enjoy in the detox bath for at least 40 minutes in order to experience to most of its benefits.
- We recommend you to take 1-3 super detox baths per week.