Despite the massive evidence which suggests that soy milk is not a healthy option, mainstream nutritional guidelines are still saying that we will improve our overall health if we regularly eat soy and drink soy milk. This is probably one of the worst advises we are given, as soy milk contains ingredients that can actually destroy our health. Below you can find many reasons why you should avoid soy milk.
Soymilk (Filtered Water, Whole Soybeans), Sea Salt, Cane Sugar, Calcium Carbonate, Natural Flavor, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D2.
Top 10 Reasons To Avoid Soy Milk
- Almost 99 percent of soy is genetically modified. Numerous studies conducted in recent years have shown that soy has the highest contamination by pesticides than any other food.
- Soybeans contain high amounts of natural toxins(also known as “antinutrients”). Drinking just 2 glasses of soy milk daily can cause significant changes in a woman’s menstrual cycle.
- Regular consumption of soy increases the body’s need for vitamins B12 and D.
- Soybeans are full of haemagglutinin, a clot-promoting substance that causes your red blood cells to clump.
- Soy foods also have high amounts of phytic acid, which reduces the absorption of some essential minerals like magnesium, calcium, zinc, copper, and iron.
- Soy products contain high amounts of toxic aluminum, which can cause serious damage to the kidneys and the nervous system.
- Soybeans and soy products contain a compound resembling vitamin B12 that cannot be processed by your body. This makes soy foods a significant contributor to B12 deficiency.
- During the production process, the fragile soy proteins are exposed to very high temperatures in order to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein. Both of these compounds are known for their ability to cause serious harm to our digestive system.
- Soy products contain plant estrogens called phytoestrogens, which significantly increase the risk of infertility and breast cancer in women.
- Carrageenan in Soy Milk – Numerous scientific, peer-reviewed studies have shown that food-grade carrageenan has the ability to cause gastrointestinal inflammation, ulcerations, lesions, and even colon cancer in laboratory animals. In addition to this, some recent studies funded by the American Diabetes Association have also found a connection between the consumption of food-grade carrageenan and insulin resistance in mice.